Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.
~ Brené Brown
We believe that while we are at work, especially as leaders of others, we should not be vulnerable and not show our weakness, fears or challenges to our employees, clients and partners. This, however, is completely untrue.
Being vulnerable at work doesn’t mean that we bare our souls and darkest secrets indiscriminately. It does mean that we stop
pretending that everything is fantastic. Selectively sharing our challenges with others, using discernment, is showing vulnerability and courage. As Dr Brené Brown says, “vulnerability is our most accurate measure of courage … when we shut ourselves off from vulnerability, we distance ourselves from experiences that bring purpose and meaning to our lives and work”.
Lele Mehlomakulu is one of only two South African certified Daring Way™ facilitators.
She is the MD and founder of mPower People Solutions, a forward-thinking human resources and organisational development consultancy, which was established to help organisations deliver a sustainable environment for performance improvement through their people.
Lele is also a consultant, facilitator, coach, speaker and organisational improvement/change/transformation/culture interventionist.
Why should you attend…
Participating in the one day workshop will help employees increase profits through peak performance, bold decisions making, increase productivity, as well as improved creativity and innovation.
This one day workshop will cover…
• Dr Brené Brown’s research findings and how to apply them into your day-to-day life.
• The Daring Way™ methodology
• Myths of vulnerability – the wrong things that prevent us from embracing vulnerability
• Armoury – Avoidance of vulnerability; and Shame shields – defence against vulnerability
• The Arena and showing up – when you are ready to be bold
• Empathy and Self Compassion – being kind to self
• Trust and earning the right to hear the story – who is your “supporter”?
• Shame and stepping in – what triggers shame and why we keep playing small
• How values and authenticity light the way
• Introduction to Rising Skills
28 November 2017 @ Atlantic Imbizo, V&A Waterfront
09:00 – 17:00 (registration at 08:30)
R 3049.00 Excl. VAT (for-profit organisations)
R 2400.00 Excl. VAT (not-for-profit organisations)