“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius Dr. Brené Brown’s pioneering work with The Daring Way™ uncovered a profound truth: Vulnerability – the willingness to show up and be seen with no guarantee of outcome – is the only path to more love, belonging, creativity and joy. But living a brave life is not always easy. The more we practice courage, the more we are likely to stumble and fall. The Rising Strong™ process is about what it takes to get back up and how owning our stories of struggle gives us the power to write a daring new ending. We all go through struggle – asking somebody out that does not want us, expressing our feelings and not being understood, saying something at work that didn’t land very well; the list is endless – failing feels painful and can trigger shame, disappointment and a whole range of emotions and thoughts. Sometimes we avoid pursuing our heart desires because we fear failing. And sometimes when we do, we don’t get back up and we give up. But if we want to break away from the crowd and live wholehearted lives, we have to be courageous and different; doing this inevitable means we will sometimes fall. Rising Strong™ is all about learning to get back up and how to become a highly resilient individual. It’s about bouncing back from failure and recovering from being and/or feeling “exposed”.
Rising Strong – what’s in it for me?
By taking part in the Rising Strong™ workshop you will learn how to apply the Rising Strong™ process to your day-to-day life and become empowered to write wholehearted new endings to your stories. You will also:
- Become familiar with the Rising Strong process and goals – rise from our falls, overcome our mistakes, and face hurt in a way that brings more wisdom and wholeheartedness to our lives.
- Become familiar with the physics of vulnerability and the ten rules of engagement for rising strong.
- Identify the values that are most important in your life and learn why values clarification is essential to the development of resiliency.
- Raise your awareness about: the feelings associated with emotions, your response to emotion, and how emotion, thought, and behaviour are interconnected.
- Practice and build skills to engage with and experience emotion, including mindfulness and breathing.
- Deepen your emotional vocabulary and self-awareness
- Comprehend that as humans, we have meaning-making in our biology and are compelled to make up stories – even if they are based on incomplete information.
- Reclaim and integrate orphaned parts of yourself and celebrate that wholeness through creative expression.